Sunday, March 13, 2016


Hello all, this is my very first class at Brandman University. I have an Associate’s Degree from the College of Southern Nevada and I am pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration. My current employment is with a custom home builder where I work as the Project Manager. I hope once completing this degree I will be able to move on to high level management somewhere else or a fall back plan is to get into teaching.

I would like to research market trends in new construction. I want to be able to find when people are building new houses and what to expect in the future. This would help me in my career because I want to know the future stability of the local markets. Then if I find they are expected to be poor in this area I can think of where the company or myself should focus our efforts.

I have always had a difficult time finding relevant information. It is easy to recognize what source is credible or what type of bias they may have to certain things. It takes my quite a bit of sorting to get to what I need. This wastes a lot of valuable time.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jeremy.
    Congratulations on starting with Brandman, this class is also my first with Brandman. After attending 5 different schools, it is nice to finally see the finish line. Where are you currently researching market trends? What variables do you consider when " checking on the stability of the local markets?
    If the management position doesn't work out, what are you interested in teaching? I have many teachers in my family and know that it requires extreme dedication and lots of patience! Thanks for posting. Good Luck in class.

    Chris Rodden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeremy,
    How do you enjoy working for the home builder? It sounds like an interesting job, we looked at buying a custom home from a builder up here, but they were a little out of our price range. If you were to become a teacher, what grade would you teach? Good luck in class!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete