Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week 4:The search narrows


1.     This week while I researched my topic I learned that the current budding crisis in the housing market is new home construction. Finding this answered my research question. Now I know what people are looking at in the new construction industry. With this knowledge I will be able to focus my research to few specific questions. How does this article relate to the California building outlook? What are the steps that new home builders need to take to address this issue?

2.     The strategy that was most helpful was to recall information that I can about throughout the week in this topic. I had read several articles talking about this topic and chose the source that provided me with the most current data.

3.     The difficulty I had was determining which article gave me the most useful data. I chose this article because of the many charts and graphs that were available to me. I had to do a brief analysis of large amounts of information to decide what would be the right choice.

4.     This week I was able to answer a lot of ongoing questions. This article gives me more ideas on what I need to research in the future to narrow my searches. From now on I hope that I am able to be more efficient when gather data. I know what I need to answer rather than just gathering general information on the topic.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy,
    I think it's interesting that you are researching the hosing market crisis, my husband and I were just talking about that after getting an email from a local realtor in regards to selling our house. There is a crisis up here in Washington state too, there are very few new homes being built, and hardly anyone is selling. It's interesting that you posted this, when we were just talking about this! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete