Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 3!


1.      What knowledge did you gain about your topic as a result of the books you looked at this week? 9 points

2.      What new search strategies were particularly helpful for you in locating books?  Be specific and refer to the notes you took on your search path. 9 points

3.      What difficulties or frustrations did you experience when searching for books? 9 points

4.      What are you hoping to find out as you continue researching your topic? 8 points



1.     I learned that housing markets can be very volatile. While much research and speculation goes into trying to predict housing markets even some experts get things wrong. The 2008 housing market went largely unnoticed before its collapse. Government policy plays a large role in the health of housing markets. Good policies in the housing market can grew entire economies while poor decisions can prove disastrous.

2.     My topic is fairly specific and information needs to be very current. I had a difficult time finding books that worked for what I needed. When I searched for more generic terms I was able to get results. Then by searching for the last ten years I was able to find a couple results that I could use.

3.     Getting a book published takes a lot of time. This made it hard for me to find results that specifically discussed the future of the California housing market. I wish I was able to find something detailing California specifically but I had to settle on an overview of the housing market. This turned out to be beneficial information that I didn’t know I needed.

4.     I hope as I continue to research that I am able to find specific subtopics that I can research. I will do some more reading into the text book that I found for this week’s assignment. This should be able to point me in new directions

No comments:

Post a Comment